The campaign aim was to drive consumers to Total Forecourts and enhance the South African summer experience at every touch point.
The campaign included the following elements:
- In-store, buy-and-win summer retail promotions and competitions
- Total-branded summer collateral (“goodie”) giveaways
- “We Stock Summer” – A nationwide awareness campaign on radio
- Regional radio promotions
- Outdoor summer activations throughout SA
- And an unbelievable grand prize that literally gave our winner a 6 week all expenses paid summer holiday extension to Cancun, Hawaii and the Maldives
When consumers arrived at a Total Service Station, they found our “Six More Weeks of Summer” backdrops and posters which explained that all they needed to do to stand a chance to win six weeks in Hawaii, Cancun and the Maldives is to take a photo of themselves with the tropical backdrop or poster behind them, upload it to the Total South Africa Facebook page and tag themselves.
Each successfully tagged photo-entry posted on the Total South Africa Facebook page counted as one valid entry for the grand prize. The Facebook entry pics also served as a mechanism to select competitors for competition partnerships with regional radio stations.
Few things say “summer” quite like ice cream. Especially when you’re on a beach, at a park, a mall or public recreation area during the height of the holidays. Ice-cream trucks also represent trusted, beloved community “heroes” to many South Africans, which also speaks to Total’s “trusted hub of the community” brand value.
With this in mind we branded Ice Cream Vans and sent them to key summer locations across the country allowing holiday goers to post their entry pics while receiving a free ice-cream and scratch card that were redeemable at any Total Forecourt.