Job Description: Mid – Senior Designer
Job Level: Mid – Senior
Purpose of role:
It is your responsibility to ensure world-class design across our Levergy studio. Oversee, inspire, mentor and manage your teams to create brilliant work. Always give recognition and inspire the design team while still focusing on creating your own award-winning work. Champion and inspire the Agency internally about all aspects design.
Experience & Skillset Required:
- Five+ years’ experience as is Design
- A varied, awarded book which contains a mix of real work and a strong conceptual ability
- Must love design and demonstrate high attention to design craft
- Organized and strong attention to detail
- Relevant degree or diploma is advantageous but not a necessity
- Have a vast portfolio
- A strong agency pedigree and will add to the culture of the agency
- Open and friendly personality – Excellent people skills
- Good communication skills.
- Work well under pressure.
- Self-motivated and disciplined
- Requires experience using a variety of design tools, including the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Conceptualise, offer visual/layout options and design/art direct advertising communication according to brief and/or strategy.
- Execute design and production for projects of all sizes while meeting the various resolution requirements.
- In-depth digital design capabilities that could range from banner advertisements to iconography to web page layouts
- UX, responsive design (web, tablet and mobile), social media and emailers knowledge is a bonus.
- Delegate tasks and offer feedback to less senior team members, ensuring the high quality of design work.
- Never skip leg day – Leave everything out on the field. When you leave Levergy, make sure you’ve made a difference.
- We are the Kaizen Chiefs – Knowledge is progress. Leaders are teachers and leaders are learners. Learn as if you are going to live forever.
- The Purple shall Govern – Leaders don’t create followers, they create leaders
- Sweat the small stuff – Attention to detail
- Sing when you’re winning – Our people and our performance are the catalysts of our environment. Do your job. Ecosystem > Egosystem.
People and Relationship Management
- Probably the most important part of your job: Rallying all agency disciplines to solve problems and create beautifully simple work. You are also responsible for the happiness, performance and motivation levels of your team. You are both manager and mentor and should have excellent interpersonal skills. Employing the right, diverse team is key
- You are ultimately responsible for the impeccable quality of thinking that your team produces. You should be able to both develop, inspire and guide your team towards unique and impactful ideas for every brief. We’re all about producing beautifully simple solutions for a complex world, this is your ultimate focus.
- You are the benchmark of quality and the standard for design and art direction in the agency. Your talent should be beyond question and be the envy of all below you. You should display an intolerance for the ordinary.
- You can present work with conviction to the most senior clients and organisational heads. You will be responsible for presenting your teams pitch work. You will need to be able to present work right from strategy to creative execution.
- You will be responsible for all production decisions: choice of suppliers and the quality of work you extract from them. You should feel confident having the final say on work before it goes to client and to print.