An interactive rugby themed installation took participants through SuperSport’s history of broadcasting, highlighting previous World Cups through the lens of various touchpoints.
The activation experience made use of unique technology that allowed anyone who experienced it to come out with personalised, shareable content to showcase their passion for the 2015 Rugby World Cup.
At the entrance, participants entered their names on the back of a virtual replica Springbok jersey on screen which was then sent via email to each individual to share to their social platforms.
Participants found jerseys hanging in the lockers with the names of SuperSport talent and a range of MultiChoice decoders and hardware dating back through history.
Two interactive elements:
- Three screens controlled by joysticks, each with their own quiz and animation on the history of DStv and the Rugby World Cup.
- A motion-sensing photo booth which instantly produced branded polaroid’s containing SuperSport talent or Springbok players
Users then walked through a tunnel, containing six screens. The experience included:
- Interviews with SuperSport’s production team
- RWC memories
- Promotion of the tournament on SuperSport in 2015
- ‘Our Hearts Are In It’ campaign TVC
ENTERING THE FIELD:
Exiting the tunnel they were greeted by rugby memorabilia and historic on-field cameras.
Finally, participants saw the 3D printer, producing scaled replica Webb Ellis trophies and walked away with a trophy of their own.