Job Description: Conceptual Senior Copywriter
Job Level: Senior to Creative Director
Purpose of role:
It is your responsibility to ensure top class creative thinking across Levergy. Oversee, inspire, mentor and manage your teams to create brilliant work. Always give recognition and inspire the creative team while still focusing on creating your own award-winning work. Champion and inspire the Agency internally about all aspects creative. This includes tasks like pitching ideas and collaborating with the team. You are required to conceptualise high-end work – based on industry standard – including concept, proactive work, copy and execution.
5 things you will be responsible for:
- Conceptual: Your years of honing your conceptual and visual skills means you’re now able and responsible for delivering breakthrough thinking, innovative ideas and impactful visuals. You are ultimately responsible for the impeccable quality of thinking that you and your team produces. You should be able to both develop, inspire and guide your team towards unique and impactful ideas for every brief. We’re all about producing beautifully simple solutions for a complex world, this is your ultimate focus.
- Execution: Be able to deliver brilliant visual writing, no matter what the job. You will also be drawn into more strategic development conversations and therefore need to be able to input into strategy and not just execute against an approved one.
- Selling and Presenting: You not only confidently present work well to any level of client, but you sell the work with conviction to the most senior clients and organizational heads. You will be responsible for presenting your teams pitch work. You will need to be able to present work right from strategy to creative execution.
- Production: You can handle productions on your own with little/no input from your senior. You need to explore interesting and new ways of producing work. You strive for excellence in your craft as you bring your work to life and as such stay appraised of the latest and best people to partner with.
- People and Relationship Management: Probably the most important part of your job: Rallying all agency disciplines to solve problems and create beautifully simple work. You hold close, trusted, and respected relationships across departments. You must be able to oversee a creative team – which means you must have both an eye for art direction and a view on copy. You need to actively promote diversity of thought among your teams.
Experience & Skillset Required:
- 8+ years’ experience.
- Organised and strong attention to detail.
- Relevant degree or diploma is advantageous but not a necessity.
- A strong agency pedigree and will add to the culture of the agency.
- Open and friendly personality – excellent people skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Work well under pressure.
- Self-motivated and disciplined.
- Execute, conceptualise and approve copy and design for projects of all types, while meeting the various requirements.
- Digital knowledge is a bonus.
- Sport knowledge is a bonus.
3 things you must have:
- A varied (and award-winning) portfolio book which contains a mix of real work and a strong conceptual ability. Please include your portfolio in your submission.
- A hunger for the industry and an interest to grow.
- A proven track record in reputable advertising agencies (at least 5 years).
1 way you will be measured:
- Remarkable (and award winning) work that works.
- Never skip leg day– Leave everything out on the field. When you leave Levergy, make sure you’ve made a difference.
- We are the Kaizen Chiefs– Knowledge is progress. Leaders are teachers and leaders are learners. Learn as if you are going to live forever.
- The Purple shall Govern– Leaders don’t create followers, they create leaders.
- Sweat the small stuff– Attention to detail.
- Sing when you’re winning– Our people and our performance are the catalysts of our environment. Do your job. Ecosystem > Egosystem.